Sunday 26 May 2013

So Wrong!




Earlier in the week,  Anto, one of the Friday (virtual) Mad Squad that frequent Davy H's disreputable establishment directed me to a video, are they still called that? that his 12 year old daughter put him onto,  saying it was a bit like the funky stuff he liked.

So, always open to suggestions last night after a few rums I followed the link and listened to the track not really watching the visuals, quite liked it and so played it again this time watching the video and I have to admit to being rather shocked at the sexist nature of both the song and the images but the tune was really catchy so I listened to it again, liking it even more  but with a sudden urge to listen to Kiss.

This morning I put the song back on, thinking that in the cold light of the day I would feel different about the tune, as I figured that my positive reaction to it had a lot to do with the consumption of rum. But to my horror, nope I liked it as much sober as I had done the previous evening.

My liking of this song is wrong on so many levels but I have to admit that at the moment I can't get the tune out of my head. I think that I may have issues, as they say.

4 comments:

  1. Synchronicity. I heard that song very recently on the radio and really liked it, then I searched the net for the lyrics and felt the same as you, bu strangely I wasn't offended by their allegedly sexist nature as I usually am. Then I found out what Sean @ Said The Gramophone wrote about it: "maybe I'm giving the boys too much credit, but unlike so many sleazy songs about hustling sex-objects, I feel like the singers are overtly role-playing, and asking these women to do the same. Do you want to accept that compliment? Do you want to be "the hottest bitch in this place"? All of us know that ultimately it's up to you." I have to agree, but I understand the jury's still out. Curiously I DID think the song was This Blog Continues To Decline material!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Mother of Jesus!
    It's like a Tuesday night bingo session at Lanark WMC.

    I once had a curious liking for the OMC song 'How Bizarre' circa 1997. Remember that? No, thought not.

    Swiss Adam may be suggesting it's like VD; very catchy but ultimately, crap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The songs good I have to say, Robin Thicke has a great voice

    ReplyDelete